Virtual tour – Magic of the Moomin Museum
Virtual tour of the world of Tove Jansson and the Moomins
By joining our virtual tour, you will see and hear the world of Tove Jansson and the Moomins as if you were visiting in person. Join us for a tour highlighting 15 artworks, featuring a selection of expressive illustrations, charming book covers and delightfully detailed tableaux depicting scenes from the Moomin books. Through scenes from the stories, we learn more about the warm wisdom of the Moomins and Tove Jansson’s rich, colourful life and career as an artist.
Your virtual tour will be hosted by one of our expert guides in the language of your choice. Your guide will share interesting background details about both well-loved tales and lesser-known Moomin stories, and you are welcome to ask questions and join the discussion – just as if you were present in person. The high image quality enables you to see every detail even better than you would at the museum.
Taking part in a virtual tour is easy. You don’t need to download new software or apps. All you need is email access and a browser. After you book your tour, we will send you a link about five days in advance, which leaves you plenty of time to share the link with all the participants.
- The duration of virtual tours is between 45 min and one hour (depending on how talkative your group is!).
- English, Japanese, Finnish
- Please contact us if you wish to book a tour in a different language.
- Weekdays €70 + €4 per participant (adults and children)
- Weekends €80 + €4 per participant (adults and children)
Number of participants
- Max 50 per group.
- Interactive tours are ideal for groups of fewer than 25 participants.
- For groups larger than 50, please contact us for a special offer.
- €50 weekdays
Bookings and cancellations
- Book a virtual tour by email at email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
- Cancellations must be made no later than four days prior to the booked date. We charge the full fee for later cancellations.
Photography and video recordings are prohibited.
We also look forward to seeing you in person at the Moomin Museum in Tampere! Whether live or online, the magical world of the Moomins is the perfect escape from your daily cares.